Smolensk State Medical University (former Academy) was established in 1920, is one of top Medical Universities of Russia, located in the Smolensk city, 360 kilometers (220 mi) west-southwest of Moscow. The Smolensk State Medical Academy is a fully licensed higher school and is a centre of medical education and science. The SSMA is one of the leaders in doctors’ training, medical research, curative and preventive activities. It trains medical and pharmaceutical specialists for various regions of Russia as well as for a number of overseas countries.
The Smolensk State Medical Academy has 65 Departments located in the campus and on the basis of the leading health care units of the town.
- Smolensk State Medical Academy Faculties:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology and Social Work
- Faculty of Post Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Higher Nursing