The international university of Kyrgyzstan (IUK) was created in march 1993 by a decree of president of the Kyrgyz republic (state license al #039) that gave the university a status of an international higher education institution.
The IUK is located in Bishkek – the capital of the Kyrgyz republic. The building of the IUK is one of the oldest and most beautiful buildings of Bishkek that is located on a central street of the city. In addition to Bishkek campus, the university has three campuses which are located in the following cities: Osh and Jalal-abad (southern region of Kyrgyzstan) and in Karakol-city (Issyk-kul region of Kyrgyzstan).
The IUK is a Member of the World Association of Universities and Colleges (WAUC), Association of European Universities (EUA), European Association for International Education (EAIE), Global Alliance for Transnational Education (GATE), Federation of The Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW), International Association of Universities under UNESCO.
The International School of Medicine (ISM) created in march 2003 as part of the strategy for reforming the education system and improving the competitiveness of domestic universities.
The main emphasis in the creation of the ism was made on the creation of a modern dynamic educational institution that provides high-quality training and has a competitive potential in the market of medical education
The International School of Medicine of the International University of Kyrgyzstan is an official state educational institution with the license of ministry of education and science of Kyrgyz republic for medical education in general medicine within 5 years of study.
- Department/Chair of Humanitarian Science
- Department/Chair of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department/Chair of Public Health
- Department/Chair of Scientific Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Surgery
- Department/Chair of Fundamental Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Special Clinical Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Internal Medicine
- Department/Chair of Therapy
- Department/Chair of Pathology
- Department/Chair of Macro and Micro Anatomy